October is here! As everybody knows, October is the best month of the year. The weather is perfect, the leaves are colorful and the promise of Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas all hang in the air.
- It’s also an awesome month to have a reading challenge, if you appreciate the spooky. The rules are simple:
- Read three books that form a tic-tac-toe (vertical, horizontal or diagonal). If you hit the ghost in the center you get to read whatever book you wish.
- Comment here on the blog or on our Facebook page with the three books you’ve read and what you thought of them.
- We’ll draw a name at the end of the month and the winner wins a $5 Amazon gift card and the opportunity to write a blog article on their book(s) if they wish.
- You may compete in both Book Bingo and Book Tac Toe, but you must read different books
- As always, if you need help picking a book email me!
- Need to search for a book? Help the site out by clicking here to search amazon. It’s no cost to you but really helps me out!
The books chosen for the month are often times based off of events in the month of October or celebration days. Here’s some of the fun stuff being celebrated in October that influenced the reading list.
- October is Clergy Appreciation Month
- October 1st – Older People’s Day
- October 3rd – Tech Day
- October 4th – World Space Week.
- October 26th – Howl at the Moon Day
- October 27, 1858– Theodore Roosevelt’s Birthday
- October 28th – Animation Day