December is the perfect month to get your audiobook on. You’re busy around the house, making cookies, cleaning, decorating, staring stary eyed at the Christmas tree. Having an audiobook is the perfect way to keep your mind occupied. Did you know you can rent books online from your local library? If not see my article *****. It’s an amazingly easy way to put an audiobook on your phone, and probably how I do 70% of my reading.
If you want some book guidance for the month of December take my book challenge and win a chance at an Amazon gift card. The rules are simple:
- Read three books that form a tic-tac-toe (vertical, horizontal or diagonal). If you hit the Christmas tree in the center you get to read whatever book you wish.
- Unless specified the book may be fiction (F) or non-fiction (NF)
- Comment here on the blog or on our Facebook page with the three books you’ve read and what you thought of them.
- We’ll draw a name at the end of the month and the winner gets a $5 Amazon gift card and the opportunity to write a blog article on their book(s) if they wish.
- You may compete in both Book Bingo and Book Tac Toe, but you must read different books
- As always, if you need help picking a book email me!
- Need to search for a book? Help the site out by clicking here to search amazon. It’s no cost to you but really helps me out.
Here are some of the fun, silly, interesting and silly things being celebrated in December that influenced the reading list:
- December is human rights month
- December 1st is Worlds AIDS Day
- December 1st Sherlock Holmes appears in print for the first time
- December 2nd is international day of the Abolition of Slavery
- December 3rd is disability day
- December 3rd Illinois becomes a state
- December 4th Mary Celeste is sighted abandoned
- December 6th is Miner’s Day
- December 8th is pretend to be a time traveler day
- December 11th Indiana becomes a state
- December 14th – Alabama becomes a state
- December 16th is Day of Reconciliation Day
- December 7th is Pearl Harbor Day
- December 28th is Woodrow Wilson’s birthday
- December 28th Iowa became a state
- December 29th is Andrew Johnson’s birthday
- December 29th Texas became a state
- December fiction bestseller week of December 20, 2015 – The Nightingale by Kristen Hannah
- December nonfiction bestseller of December 2015 – Killing Reagan by Bill O’Reilly